7th Total Security Conference Jakarta
DATE CHANGE: please note that the date of the Jakarta Total Security Conference has been changed to 9 May 2017. For any questions about your registration or general enquiries, please contact Will Ahmad (email@example.com).
“Everything is done through the internet. If there is an attack we cannot handle, it will destroy the economy”.
- Wiranto, Chief Security Minister, Government of Indonesia, in January 2017
Concerned about the vulnerability to its booming e-commerce, banking system, trade, stock market and online trading, Indonesia is creating a National Cyber Agency (NCA) in 2017.
The statistics are troubling: Indonesia has recorded a very high 209,449 security incidences in 2016 alone and a fourfold increase of such cyber-attacks the previous year too.
With the rapid growth in the number of internet users crossing 80 million in 2016, most of Indonesia’s communications and commercial transactions are done through insecure mobile devices, further complicating the cyber security challenges.
For years, most Indonesian enterprises have employed conventional perimeter defenses and investment into building up the cyber security has seriously lagged other regional economies.
Now standing at the cross-roads, Indonesia offers a significant opportunity to tap the cyber security technology and solutions market, a recent Forbes Indonesia report states. It estimates the Indonesian cyber security landscape to grow to USD294 million at a 31% CAGR from 2015 to 2020.
Addressing the Challenges
There is an urgent need for a concerted effort from the Indonesian regulators and enterprises to:
- Raise the threat perception mechanisms among the implementation agencies, enterprises and public
- Invest in forward-looking technologies to thwart cyber-attacks on 13 core industry segments which include critical infrastructure, transport, BFSI and e-commerce industry
- Train resources and continuously upgrade skills
NetworkWorld Asia's 7th Annual Total Security Conference running on 9 May 2017 in Jakarta gathers policy makers, security experts and leading researchers to present strategies and best practices to deal with the above challenges – to keep the Indonesian enterprises safe, secure and progressive.
Why Attend the 7th Annual Total Security Conference
- Learn from globally renowned security experts on Risk Analysis and Management, Cyber Security, Malware, Data Loss Protection, Mobile Security, Threat Intelligence, Digital Forensics and Data Recovery
- Network with 100+ cyber security practitioners from Indonesia and the region
- Understand the strategies for futuristic information security and next-generation offensive and defensive technologies from major service providers
Who Should Attend the 7th Annual Total Security Conference
Business and IT professionals in enterprise-wide security, risk management, BCM or critical infrastructure:
- CIOs, CISOs and CFOs, and chief security, risk, compliance, process and technology officer
- IT vice presidents and directors
- Network security executives and directors
- Governance, risk, compliance, and privacy executives
- BCM and resilience continuity managers
- Finance, audit, legal risk and compliance regulators
- Enterprise and operational risk managers
Keynote 1: Regulatory Update on Indonesia’s Cyber Security: Marching Towards a Secure Digital Economy
Indonesia’s phenomenal growth in internet connectivity brings its own challenges: lack of clear policy direction, technology investments and skills upgrade. The formation of National Cyber Agency and enforcement of stricter cyber security imperatives for enterprises is a step in the right direction.
- Detailing policy and regulatory progresses towards efficient cyber security in Indonesia
- Effecting coordination with multiple agencies to provide a single communication channel for enterprises to work with
- Allocating adequate funding for upgrading cyber security infrastructure and skills
- Enhancing transparency and confidence on e-government and e-commerce platforms through secured services
Keynote 2: Balancing Between Security Imperatives vs. Investment Priorities: The Impact for Indonesian Enterprises
Annual spike in severe cyber-security incidents globally including many recent high profile cases have created a situation where Indonesian enterprises now need to do a reality-check on their cyber security preparedness. A cost-benefit analysis of business impact vs incremental investment for higher security is a must for enterprises.
- Is the regional IT security under-spent: An analysis
- How can businesses balance their need for increased security and agility against security budgets?
- Creating a collaborative atmosphere with technology providers: how real-time feedback on cyber threats can improve overall security
- Emerging partnerships in cross-border cyber security initiatives
Panel Discussion: Securing the Connected Businesses: Traversing through Digital Disruption
Enterprises are digitally disrupted everyday with new immense possibilities opening up with cloud, virtualization, IoT and enterprise mobility. Senior decision makers are compelled to reassess their cyber security strategies arising out of implementing these technologies.
- What are the latest security strategies organizations employ to build and sustain a secure environment across the entire value chain
- Addressing security loopholes while integrating new technology and business models
- Mitigating data fraud and cybercrime connected to enterprise mobility
- Cybersecure approaches for entrepreneurial e-commerce platforms
Networking Morning Coffee Break
Effectively Addressing Current and Emerging Threats from Connected Devices
With the penetration of Internet of Things in consumers’ everyday lives, enterprises are facing multiple challenges – handling data securely cost efficiently and managing security within connected devices of employees
- A spotlight on threats imposed by IoT: What are the threats and risks in the world of connected devices
- Are existing firewalls and perimeter defences adequate to handle IoT-driven security issues
- How are endpoint security management systems progressing in relation to IoT-based security
Addressing APTs through Comprehensive Endpoint Security
- The impact of unaddressed APTs to business continuance and credibility
- How to build capability to detect APTs early
- Endpoints Security and Data Security: How can an integrated platform secure them
- Practical and cost effective solutions for mixed IT environments
Enhancing DDoS Defenses in a Cloud Environment
The Immediate Road Ahead: Enhancing Cyber Security Preparedness through Increased Internal Collaboration
How Indonesian enterprises can enhance cyber security preparedness to progressive upgrading of awareness within various departments of the organisation. Meaningful collaboration will create a culture of security and elevate the resilience to attacks and frauds
- Best practices from large cyber-secure enterprises: how have they strategized and implemented a working mechanism of cyber-security
- Growing an internal resource pool for security professionals: how meaningful collaboration with internal stakeholders could enhance preparedness
- How to improve enterprise’s threat perceptions through new techniques
Networking Lunch and End of Conference
Sponsorship opportunities are available for service providers of
- Business Intelligence / Analytics & Data Management
- IT Security & Risk Management
- Core Banking & IT Transformation
- Customer Relationship Management
- Cloud, Data Centre & Mobility
- Consultancy, BPO, Communication Systems, Recruitment Services
If you are looking to increase your market share, brand awareness or introduce a new product, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
For more information about becoming a sponsor, please contact:
+65 6394 7696