7th CFO INNOVATION INDONESIA FORUM 2020
Building Resilience through Cost Optimization and Re-evaluating the Strategies
7th CFO Innovation Indonesia Forum
|[COVID-19 UPDATE: The event is progressing as planned for now. We are coordinating with various stakeholders such as conference venues/airlines and are closely monitoring the travel/health advisories/restrictions from various ministries. Should there be any changes, we will immediately update you. If you/your close relatives/friends/colleagues have travelled to mainland China in the last 2 months, please update our Operations Manager, Lily, via email@example.com]|
Join the Conversations! Follow Us on LinkedIn
“Indonesia has set aside 10 trillion rupiah as a buffer for fiscal risks in 2020, a 43% increase from the year before, due to global economic uncertainty”
-Reuters, September 2019
The Indonesian Parliament recently passed the government's 2020 budget of 2,528.8 trillion rupiah with a fiscal deficit 1.8% of GDP, which was designed to anticipate a global recession.
The outlook echoes the World Bank’s "Global Economic Risks and Implications for Indonesia" study that projected the Indonesia’s GDP growth to fall from 5.2% in 2018 to 4.6% in 2022, driven by lower productivity, dampened workforce growth and weaker global commodity prices.
With downside risks increasing, this is the time for the CFOs to fortify their enterprises’ financial credibility by ensuring a strong balance sheet, well-positioned to weather turbulences and ride through unpredictable economic scenarios.
Join the discussion at the 7th CFO Innovation Indonesia Forum, where top-tier finance industry stakeholders convene and share best practices and strategies on:
- Developing contingency plans and strategic agility to mitigate the impact of a severe downturn
- Adopting dynamic FP & A to optimize capital expenditures, working capital and cashflows
- Capitalizing on M & A and Indonesia’s strong digital economy to create new growth opportunities
- Re-evaluating and updating your portfolio, GRC and tax risk strategies
- Taking a countercyclical approach to R & D expenditures, tech investment, processes streamlining and recruitment to win in the next upswing
Who Should Attend?
CFOs, MDs, VPs, Directors, GMs, and Senior Managers, involved in:
- Financial Planning & Analysis (FP & A)
- Strategic Planning & Forecasting
- Costing & Budgeting
- Treasury Operations
- Project Financing
- Merger & Acquisition (M&A)
- Investment / Portfolio Management
- Auditing & Internal Control
- Tax Governance
- Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC)
- Statutory & Regulatory Reporting
- Fiscal Policy Planning
- Financial Technology Solutions
Director of Finance - PT ISPAT INDO
Finance Director - AVNET DATAMATION SOLUTIONS
Group Financial Advisor - SINAR GALAXY GROUP
CFO - INDOCENEMT
Director for Finance and Accounting - INDOPRIMA
• Indonesia vs. ASEAN 2020-30: the impact of current policies, investment climate and geopolitical implications
• How does the Indonesia 2020 budget and relocation of the capital impact businesses and industry sectors?
• Warning signs of a global slowdown: how can Indonesia meet the challenges ahead?
• Exploring trends in M&A, capital raising and startup investment
• Customizing PM to the enterprise’s market position, business drivers and strategy
• Defining your performance metrics, accountability and decision support framework
• Reskilling workforce and building a high-performing culture
• Assessing the costs of retooling PM system
• How technology investment and high-quality data analytics improve strategic decision-making
“Within the next two years, 72 percent of organizations will be working with RPA, Gartner predicts”.
The Global economy doesn’t paint a very nice picture, increasing instability from global tensions, conflicts, and trade wars yet, businesses continue to need to grow or keep their market share and revenue and reinventing and revisiting the way we work has become a norm in such times. As businesses face the realities of working in an economic downturn, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and the Intelligent Workforce can be front and center of an enterprise’s business digital transformation and if done right it will embed the foundations on which a business can prosper. The Future of work through effective implementation of RPA and IA, goes way beyond cost reduction benefits. It results in greater efficiency, fewer errors, and higher workforce productivity – this means building confidence in people to be critical and creative.
Follow us on this journey to find out how a Digital Workforce will and can work hand in glove with humans, making life easier for us, whilst ensuring productivity, growth and efficiencies in such times.
• The growing importance of sustainability and ESG reporting
• Connect sustainability with your corporate purpose and digital strategy
• The financial value of sustainability: What indicators are required in your sustainability report?
• Presenting long term strategies, social positioning and business continuity plans in a practical and positive manner
• How centralization enables treasury to become a strategic business partner, and enhance overall cash position and bottom line?
• Barriers to centralization
• The different models of centralization and where best to locate your treasury center
• Areas for consideration before making any shift in treasury model
• How to arrive at the matrix of critical and non-critical cost decisions
• Balancing cost, value and risk factors while planning business alignment
• Handling legacy resources and infrastructure: best practices
• ROI on new technology integration vs. predicting fast emerging customer expectations
• Updates on Indonesia’s new tax law: key tax changes
• How does the regional tax policy and controversy trends impact Indonesian businesses?
• Achieving savings and compliance: how to integrate tax consideration into business decisions and risk management approaches
• Making tax digital: ensuring real-time control and tax-ready information in support of the enterprise’s next growth phase
• Unravelling the building blocks of digital transformation, and common pitfalls
• Launching the finance digitization journey: people, process and technology
• Addressing resistance from stakeholders
• Scaling digitalization: bringing agile into your platform modernization strategy
• The challenge with data proliferation and how to aggregate data to allow for extraction of actionable strategic insight
• Setting up analytics tracking to link customer characteristics and buying behaviors to revenue
• Moving beyond historical data to develop a forward-looking financial forecast that foster competitiveness
• Future trends: How will cloud analytics and AI change financial analytics and forecasting?
- The changing shape of the finance function and the need for finance business partnering
- Establish conversations that generate insights, to build better business, together
- Co-design collaboration structure that overcomes cross-functional silos
- Essential skills and traits needed for effective business partnering
• Turning complex FP & A data into engaging narratives to gain stakeholders’ buy-in
• Facilitating boardroom decision making through a holistic view on business objectives
• What are the critical dashboard metrics that every CFO should have access to?
• Applying visualizations and innovative technology to create, enrich and distribute a compelling story of performance
- Shifting the business focus effectively towards more profitable customer segments and regions
- Managing the risks of product innovation: evaluating the value proposition of new products against existing product lines and growing external competition
- Applying AI and advanced analytics to determine the optimal pricing and revenue management models